ALCOHOL OPERATION LEADS TO CHARGES AGAINST 10 PERSONS
An undercover operation targeting the sale of alcohol to minors was conducted last night by the Metro Narcotics Unit and led to charges against seven store clerks. Three other persons were charged with violations relating to activity that officers observed on the parking lot of two of the establishments targeted. Officers targeted a total of 21 establishments in the City of Jackson and Madison County and successfully made purchases from 8 of those locations. Officers utilized an adult under the age of 21 to enter the establishments and attempt to purchase beer.
Officers cited the following clerks at locations within the City of Jackson with Sale of Alcohol to A Minor:
1. Cindy Sullivan, age 46, of Toone, TN at the BP Store, 1939 South Highland Ave.
2. Arafat Albadwi, age 29, of Jackson at the Mystic Store, 1425 South Highland Ave.
3. Ryan Ellington, age 27, of Jackson at the Mega Mart, 1400 Whitehall Ave.
4. Abdulla Alkaifee, age 19, of Jackson at the Superway, 405 N. Hays Ave.
5. Jeremy Bonds, age 22, of Jackson at the Circle K, 3162 North Highland Ave.
The underage adult was also able to make a purchase at the BP Store, 26 Bowling Dr. however, this case is still under investigation and the clerk has not yet been cited. All of these persons will be given dates to appear in Jackson City Court for a hearing on these charges.
Officers cited the following clerks at locations in Madison County with Sale of Alcohol to a Minor:
6. Ernest Clouatre, age 55, of Yuma, TN at the BP Store, 299 Highway 45 West in the Three Way community.
7. Wanda Robinson, age 39, of Jackson at the Texaco, 1435 Riverside Drive.
These two persons will be given dates to appear in Madison County General Sessions Court for a hearing on these charges.Additionally, all of these cases will be taken before their governing Beer Boards for potential civil actions against their establishments.
Copyright © 2012 JacksonsNewsTalk.com. All Rights Reserved.